Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Maps and other travel thoughts

Have you ever been in a situation where you are travelling somewhere and you realise you are lost? You go around and around going past the same streets again and again trying desperately to get your bearings, lost and confused, until you remember the map that you forgot to consult. Then you look at it, find your location, the areas around and everything falls into place. You can see your destination, all available routes and the best route to take to get there. An aerial view when you are down there on the ground lost, almost always brings clarity.

For the past few weeks, I have been scampering around like a rat lost in a maze desperately seeking routes to go forward. Signposts to tell me what to do, where to go. After I was well and truly lost among the maze of emotions, experiences and choices, down on the ground, the only way to go was up and so I decided to get an aerial view. In my case it is the soul's point of view, why I am here, what I am doing towards achieving that purpose. When I detach myself from the drama, intensity and immediacy of life, I am able to see my purpose, my way forward, the reasons for the experiences of my life more clearly. Looking at the larger picture clarifies my life and I am better able to choose the best possible route to get to my destination.

I have also realised that when you are a traveller you enjoy the ride, you don't get attached to the scenery. So too with life, why get attached to people, places, pleasant experiences?

And, in spite of our travelling companions, we always travel alone, my experiences and the lessons I have to learn are my own, my path can only be walked upon by me.

~~~

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely. You said it. But isnt it strange that the journey ends when we realise that the journey was not mine, the path I travelled was not mine, my experiences were not mine, I was not mine, I didnt travel, I didnt reach anywhere, I thought but I didnt, I never was but still I was, when I saw - I didnt see, when I didnt see - I saw...Ah! this funny crazy life... see what fun it makes of us....what a tamasha!!...just taking us round and round.... Strange are His ways... I can only stare in awe like a dumb spectator and shake my head!!

    ReplyDelete