Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Surrender


We humans during the course of our lives build so many barriers between our innermost, vulnerable core and the outer world that for us to open up fully and surrender completely to another human being becomes virtually impossible. So terrified are we that the other will hurt us in some way that for all our adult lives we go about clad in armour and fortified with shields and swords.

I am one such person. However, fortunately for me, surrendering to God, or to my Higher Self is much more easier. It could be because I experience my Higher Self as being loving, benevolent and compassionate.When I surrender to this Higher Self, a lot of things happen. I not only lose the barriers that are imprisoning me, I am also able to shed my ego and face my Self egoless. This happens effortlessly, like as if I rise to a place where the ego is no longer needed, since I am now out of the survival mode and in my natural state.

The other thing I have noticed is that I become desire-less. This could be because desires arise in, and are created by the mind, and when we are able to rise above the mind, the desires also disappear. The only desire that can be said to exist is to remain in this state of surrender. But it cannot be called a desire as such, because it is spontaneously and simultaneously being fulfilled. Only when I drop back into the mind does the desire arise again, to regain or return to that state of grace.