Pages

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Take me in Your arms

Take me in your arms, Oh Lord.

Take me with You in the wind that brings the scent of faraway lands, of approaching rain,
the formless wind with footprints on surfaces of lakes.

Take me with You in the rain that pours down on the parched earth, evoking perfume scented song and causing the seeds to burst forth into life.

Take me with You in the sea that watery, salty cauldron with its constant ebb and flow and pulled by the moon and yet knows the secrets of all mankind.

Take me with You in the sap that rises up in trees and bursts into leaf and bud and branches in which birds come and nest and raise their young.

Take me with You in the songs of the fields, in the dust of farmers' hands, in the celebration of harvests and the warm glow of harvested grain.

Take me with You in the sunshine that glows on the faces of children at play adding sparkle to their eyes and music to their laughter.

Take me with You in the joys and sorrows of the human heart, in love that rends the heart and pain that kills softly, unknowingly.

Take me with You in the silences that dwell in the depth of forests and the eyelids of sleeping babies secure in their mothers' arms.

Take me in Your arms, Oh Lord, fill me with Your love, let me lose myself and merge with You in never ending ecstasy.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you, dear, but She is already with you. This one moved me...reading this one I felt transported to a different realm...how beautiful and pure is the soul which could write these lovely lines.

    ReplyDelete