Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I see you, Oh Lord

I see You, Oh Lord, in the quiet whispers of gently falling autumn leaves.

I see You when my upward glance is arrested by the sight of rosy clouds nestling among evening hils.

I see You in the rise and fall of seagull wings, the orange beak and feet bright against the snowy white.

I see You in the rising pathos of the melancholy violin in Mozart's music, weeping with heartache.

I see You in the colours of the paua, blues, greens and aqua, as if the sea was not content to lie in the ocean but wanted to come live with us.

I see You in the hush of the darkened theatre, lights going out, my heart in thrall with others' lives, mesmerised by the magic of illusion.

I see You in the eyes of loved ones, their smiles bright with affection, compassion and so much caring, it breaks my heart.

I see You in the fire of my heartbeat, the sparkle of my eyes, the cadences of my laughter, in tears brought on by ghazals.

I see You, Oh Lord, in the deep silences of my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you see Her everywhere because She dwells in you....and I can see there...:)))

    ReplyDelete