Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Deep

I want to go,
to the middle of the sea,
and lie face down,
with my back to the sun,
looking into the depths.

At some point I will succumb
to those watery arms.
Body racked, with want of air,
until I start to inhale,
water filling up the lungs,
also the stomach,
bloating, exploding.

I don’t know when
my soul will leave the body.
Will it be sad?
Disappointed ? Glad ?
Will some animal dine on the shell?
Or will it be washed up
on some forgotten shore?

A thin line of reason
holds on to this life,
but the desire is long gone.

1 comment:

  1. You make death too look so poetic, so easy ! That's the sign of a brave strong soul. It wasnt our desire that brought us here, it isnt our desire that will do us apart. We can, but only watch. Let that reason be love. Love for ourselves, for each other and for all that is.

    ReplyDelete