Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Grace

Every morning when I drive through the hills I thank God for bringing me here. The hills look different everyday, either the light quality is different, or it has rained or the mist is sitting at the foothills and I am driving through clouds. The sheep and cows grazing and the horses tossing their manes is such a beautiful sight. So today instead of just thanking Him I decided to make a list. The drive is usually smooth, I drive at 100K throughout and have to slow down only if there is traffic. I thanked Him for the smooth roads, the condition of the car, for the feeling of flight I have when the car goes smoothly downhill, the sudden turns and the breathtaking beauty each bend brings. I thanked Him for the freshness of the air and the clean water. I thanked Him for little things, if I get into a bus I will most likely get a seat, and a train too. A train ride to Wellington ensures some great landscape watching. I thanked Him for the ease with which affairs can be conducted here, u don’t have to watch your back all the time. I thanked Him for friends who always come to help and for the opportunities He provided for helping them too, for there is grace in receiving too. I thanked Him for my job and that I have one and for the support my workmates provide. By this time I had reached office so I had to stop but I could have gone on and on. But it was great to start the day in such a state of gratefulness and grace, that a smile comes easily to the lips.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:13 pm

    Back in my hometown, my 15 km bike-ride to school every morning at 7am also used to be very blissful; I remember it. I will always remember it.

    ReplyDelete