Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Come fly with me...

When I was on my luchtime walk today, I saw a little boy about three dressed in a Superman costume, complete with boots and even a red cape, but sitting in a stroller that was being pushed by his mother. It was so cute it brought a smile to my face, and so incongrous too. Here was a Superman who wasn't even walking let alone flying, I couldn't help thinking.

Then later on it occurred to me that so much like that we are too. Here we are limitless, flying spirits but once we don our physical bodies, we forget all about our boundless nature. Our bodies understandably are bound by gravity but we let our minds too get fettered with convention, dogma, rigidity, 'can't-dos', impossibilites. We don't realise that there is a realm of infinite possibility that we have access to. That anything is possible. We need to get hold of a mental Superman costume and wear it so that we can relearn to fly :)

Anyone interested in flying lessons ?

No comments:

Post a Comment