Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Imposter

Laugh not your lifeless laugh,
Shake not your fleshless bones.
You have stalked us through life,
Through every living moment.
Relentless, you have followed us
Through our nights and our days.
You have cast your shadow on our sleep,
And eaten with us at our table.

But now your stealthy steps bring no dread,
Your deathly pallor frightens me no more.
For I have pulled aside your dark mask,
Unafraid, I have looked you in your face,
I have parted the veil and exposed your lie.
For all I can see is life everlasting,
A journey endless, a peace eternal.
Proud death, you are but an imposter.

---------------------------------------------

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting. - Wordsworth

--------------------------------------------------------

1 comment: