Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

God speaking

Just had a flash of insight which I thought I must share............

All minds are great. God speaks through all of us, it's just that he is trying to say different things. So the next time you are tempted to label something as stupid, inane, outrageous or even evil, just tell yourself that it is God speaking.

This wisdom was brought home to me one weekend when I was watching a late-night movie, a horror movie, a genre I have never enjoyed. . I don’t know what force pinned me to the sofa through all those senseless murders. But after all the killing and blood and gore, the movie spoke to me. I found a message that was somehow very pertinent to me at that stage of my life.

So now I pay special attention to what people say even though sometimes it sounds flippant or prejudiced. And I watch all kinds of movies, even though I still haven't managed to muster the courage to watch a Govinda movie. Must go and find out what God's saying to me through Govinda.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:39 pm

    I had a similar experience some years ago.

    Once, after a huge fight with Kanan, I watched one such noisy, violent serial on TV.

    When I sat down to watch, I was in a black, vengeful mood. Somehow, all those gory sequences helped me reflect.

    Because by the end of that episode, I was completely at peace. So I went and apologized to Kanan.

    So, as you say, God speaks to us in hidden ways. You only have to be sufficiently alive and awake to hear and heed his words.

    Warm Regards,
    Ghost

    ReplyDelete