Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

On Death


When I think of death I find that I am not frightened of it. Death that seems like a fullstop to most people, the end to life’s experiences, and staring terrified into the unknown, on the contrary seems like a continuation to me. If life is a big adventure, with challenges everyday, lessons to be learnt every moment, death seems like an even greater adventure. “Now you see as through the mirror dimly, then you shall see with greater clarity” - so promises the Bible and so I believe too. Now all our experiences are sensory ones, bound and limited by the senses. Even concepts and imaginations are limited because they are thought up my a limited mind, but once we are free of these, then a whole new world opens up, unbound and limitless. I am tired of seeing dimly, as though thick curtains, looking at a limited worldview. I wish to experience boundlessness. Therefore, for me, death is not an end, it  is a door, leading on to a bigger and greater reality, where we are reunited with our Higher Selves, experiencing Love and boundlessness. Truly, death is fascinating and most welcome.