Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wellsprings of love

I have found that people usually say to me that I do well at everything I undertake. I did some thinking on that and realised that the reason behind it is that I do everything with a lot of love. The moment I do something less than whole-heartedly, the result is also less than satisfactory. It is said that our natural state is the state of love. When we strip away the thoughts, feelings and concepts that habitually occupy our mind space, all that is left is Love. But sometimes I lose that connection with my Inner Source, I lose connection with the wellspring of my being. And then from that state of darkness to come back into light is a struggle. So I decided to investigate what it is that nourishes that wellspring of Love within me that keeps me connected.

I find that meditation or being in the meditative state helps. As also spending time by myself in solitude. All of us are bundles of energy and we are constantly transmitting and receiving energy from others. Sometimes this energy can cause an overload on our system causing it to distort our own energy frequencies or maybe we could pick up negative impulses unknowingly or unwittingly. The time spent in solitude enables us to clear this energy overlap from others and recharge our batteries.


Have you noticed how Nature is always connected to the source? There is no falsehood, no ego, no malice or anger, Nature is constantly being itself, in all its pristine simplicity. Being in Nature somehow connects me to that simplicity of the universe, its orderliness and its love. All my masks, my pretensions, my barriers fall away and I am able to get in touch with the deep peace within me, to the simplicity and innocence.

There are moments in life when we experience something that takes us out of ourselves. Like listening to beautiful music, or being engaged in an activity that makes time stop, we lose our awareness of the past and the future and only the present remains, During those times we experience eternity, for being in the present is being in the eternal Now. We drop the concept of a limited time frame and experience the limitlessness of our being.

If you have spent time with babies (not as caretakers feeding, changing, bathing them :) but just being with them, you'll realise that babies are in a state of bliss. They look at the world with no preconceived notions, no learned responses, no fear or anger or unwarranted desire. Soon you begin to drop your fears, your agitation (which is always under the surface, no matter how calm a person you are :) your street-smartness, your constant alertness to danger and begin to reclaim that state of innocence that dwells within you always. When you are with a baby you cannot feel anything but love and joy, her innocence is so heart-breaking.

So it seems to me that to keep that well-spring of love within me brimming and overflowing, I need to seek those experiences that keep me connected with the Source.

Do you have your own list?

:)

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. So very true. You yourself are always brimming with love and that shows in everything you do including your blogs. Keep this love flowing and expanding. There's so much joy in it.

    ReplyDelete