Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Longing

There's an odd sort of feeling
that rises in my heart,
unformed, unnamed, niggling,
that refuses to part.

I still my mind in silence
and stare at it for long.
Unmoving, it intesifies,
curious, I flow along.

Beneath, I find it lurks
my moments dark and fair.
And every step it dogs
their emptiness laying bare.

Joy, excitement, happiness,
I look at each in turn.
Fear, envy, hopelessness,
these I quickly spurn.

I see it then emerge,
a longing deep it is,
with my Creator to merge
and lose myself in Bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:15 pm

    Is this why people say, better to let the heart rule over the Mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my dear, the longing reflects your true nature. Strangely, that's EXACTLY what I have been feeling the whole day and the past!!! Ditto!! That odd sort of feeling! When you know nothing matters... neither happiness nor sorrow... nothing ever did... and there is this deep longing to merge with the divine. And how wonderfully and beautifully you expressed them. Hugs..:)))

    ReplyDelete