Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An autumnal song

On a watery, wintry sort of sky,
blue, benign, with blossoming clouds,
the sun hides, hesitates, appears,
and pale sunbeams on the grass lie.

Autumn's brush has splashed the trees
with the colours of a fire ablaze,
orange, yellow, red and gold, leaves
crisp, crinkly, on the grass, aflame.

A loving presence, a stillness deep,
joins me, lets me company keep.
I drop my burdens at His feet,
my fears on His bosom sleep.

And Nature in joyousness sings
the birds, the trees, the crooning wind,
and hill to hill with hymning fills,
my soul, the rhapsody joins in.

2 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Catalonia Spain
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Nature brings out the best in you. May you continue to feel His company always as your soul joins in rhapsody...:))

    ReplyDelete