Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Random ramblings


Today is 1.2.12 or as the Americans would have it, it’s 2.1.12. Nothing spectacular, just a clever arrangement of digits :)

Last night I was going through a few blogs and was amazed to read the kind of stuff people put out there, personal stories, even intimate ones, trivial events, kid trouble, car trouble, work trouble, spouse trouble ... they let it all hang out. For an intensely private person like me, it was flabbergasting. Maybe, it is hugely cathartic, I thought. These people are venting because nowadays, in real life, no one has the time nor inclination to listen to one another any more, unlike the old days, where people would meet up for a chin-wag and a mutual vent over coffee or a meal and go away full of food and empty of steam. Full and fully vented, Like a defused pressure cooker :)

So I began to wonder about the benefits of online venting. I can rest assured that not many on the world wide web will know my dirty secrets because I have a fan following of about two, two loyal souls who read my blog regularly. Thank you guys! So what’s the danger that some random stranger will read my outpouring and decide to blackmail me? Almost zero, I can safely assume. Anyway, it being the first of the month and all that I thought let me start my pressure venting on such an auspicious day.

After much pondering and probing my deep subconscious, I found, much to my dismay and maybe my fans’ disappointment, there was nothing to vent about. It rained the whole day which the commuters might have found a nuisance, but sitting at home listening to the rain playing its rain song on the roof was for me very pleasant. The phone didn’t ring and neither did the door bell. Which is not to say I had a boring day. On the contrary, I enjoyed my own company immensely like I always do and yes, I do have something to report.

I started to go for Zumba classes today. Zumba, the dancexercise. It was fun. For an hour a group of us women, twisted and turned and hopped about to the tunes of a rhythmic fast paced music, all flailing arms and legs and jerky movements and even some non-movements until we were all perspiring like red-faced pigs (I haven’t seen one, but I imagine it would have looked like us :) The good, old heart got a good workout and I bet adrenaline was surging through my system in leaps and bounds. Coming home and getting under the shower was suddenly such a pleasant experience, I must admit. And now that it’s almost midnight and going to be 2.2.2012 soon, the bed too looks quite unbearably attractive :)

So, that was it, my soul-baring for the day. Shall give it another shot tomorrow and see if any secrets pop out without my knowing it :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A random stranger just dropped in but with perfectly good intentions...

    ReplyDelete