Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Silence becomes us


I rested, gently,
against your presence,
as sunlight would against stone
or wind-whispers against water,
silently.

Into that fragrant space,
we dropped our unsaid words,
as the moon would its beams,
or the gul-mohur its flowers,
soundlessly.

With the silence, they merged
like the river and the sea.
Where were you, where was I?
into the silence we had melted,
willingly.

I found, then,
that the sky had entered me
and stretched for eternity,
and yours was the music that danced,
joyously.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of love poetry of Hafiz and Hafiz. The growth love in quietness like the birth of a dew on a rose petal..hmm. Incidentally , it reminded me of quote I have always remembered from a novel of Kazantzakis (Fratricides)
    I said to the almond tree, ''Friend, speak to me of God,'' and the almond tree blossomed.”
    Your verse is beautiful and speaks the strength of the unspoken

    PGR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:14 am

    "Little river merged in the sea silently"
    All the sound was only on surface.

    ReplyDelete