Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

Gurudev says ...


The hand that’s all logic is like a knife that’s all blade. it makes the hand bleed that uses it.

~~~

All men and women have poetry in their hearts, and it is necessary for them, as much as possible, to express their feelings.

~~~

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting aside the lamp because the dawn has come.

~~~

Do not say “it is morning” and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a new-born child that has no name.

~~~

He who wants to do good knocks at the gate, he who loves finds the gate open.

~~~

I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument while the song I came to sing remains unsung.

~~~

I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment