Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

My love, can you?

My love, my love, can you hear
the call of my heart
the stirrings of my soul?
When the wind runs its fingers
through the leaves of the trembling trees,
and the rain caresses the tree-trunks
then becomes one with the earth.
When through the night my soul
fights off the demons of the dark.
and the morning sun comes to kiss
my face, in repose at last.

My love, my love, can you feel
the love that bursts forth and spills
and makes me melt and flow.
A love gentle, yet relentless
that brings out all my fears
and destroys them one by one.
That humbles and purifies me
by destroying the dross and the vile,
even as it lifts me up and exalts me
and reveals to me my divinity
and makes me a worthy child of God.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wonderful ! How lucky you are to be able to feel such deep overwhelming love! And to be able to express and share it all in such a beautiful fashion is a tribute to the talents that the good Lord has chosen for you, dear Allahdeen.

    ReplyDelete