Pages

Friday, July 06, 2012

The meeting


it must have been the rain
falling soft-petalled on the roof
the clouds in flower festivity
raining down their laughter

or the solitary bird
singing a single note after note
pulling in the reluctant evening
like a relentless oarsman

that my clouds of thoughts parted
and memories flooded in
and there you were
sandal-scented and smiling

your voice as you said my name
husky with tenderness
and I had simply melted
dissolved into pure joy

the world had ceased to be
time was irrelevant
there was no you or even I
just the lightness of being

2 comments:

  1. the world had ceased to be
    time was irrelevant
    there was no you or even I
    just the lightness of being...

    But still...one has to return to the world of dualities...or so it seems

    ReplyDelete