Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

And gently she flows ...


.. a blue, benign beauty with laughter on her lips, bubbles in her hair and sparkles in her steps. Pulled mesmerisingly by the sea, sometimes fast and rapid, yet at other times placid, almost still, gently she flowed. And I fell for her charms all over again.



Now that I am back, I am out on my walks again and today the river calls me towards it. The sun is inching its way slowly towards the horizon having graced the day in an almost cloudless sky. But now as I walk, it hides its glare behind white cottony clouds casting a surreal light on everything.


The park is sparkling green and heavy with grass. I feel the resistible urge to go and roll in it, to feel its soft, cool touch and smell its grassy fragrance. But no, the river is waiting and I  must go to its side before the sun dips over the horizon. 


The river as you can imagine flows in a valley that has formed between hills and throughout the year, the rain run-off from the hills gather in streams and flow towards the river. Near the point where it meets the river, all the streams converge and this stream flows between a grassy embankment, finally meeting the river in a gorgeous little waterfall.




Finally, I reach the river itself, a blue beauty sparkling between green banks. I walk down the pebbly path and sit down by the river side and let out a deep sigh. It’s been long since I have seen her and experienced her serenity, joy and exuberance.




A duck paddles by, swimming hard against the current. Bubbles float and pop into the crisp air. Birds coming home to roost call from the trees on the banks. I dip my hands into the water, it is cool and refreshing.


Soon, the shadows lengthen as the sun prepares to bid adieu. As a farewell gift, it splatters its gold onto the waters, and the river is now as a radiant bride with gold on its body and rose on its trim.


As I head back home, everything is draped in the golden orange of the sunset sky. The houses perched on the hills sparkle with reflected sunlight and even the hush in the air is golden.


I bid adieu to the river, now darkening under the azure sky and take one last shot of a beauty that is everlasting and that never fails to gladden my heart.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:26 am

    Lovely post. Like the meandering river, your writing meanders to your STYLE and LIFE.

    ReplyDelete