Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gabriela Mistral

Some beautiful poems by Gabriela Mistral, great Chilean Poet and winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature

ROCKING

Holy Oceans rocks its millions
of waves in the sun.
Listening to loving seas
I rock my little one

Wandering in the night the wind
rocks the wheat.
Listening to the loving winds
I rock my sweet.

The Father rocks his thousand worlds
Silent, mild.
Feeling his hand in the darkness
I rock my child.


THE SAD MOTHER

Sleep, sleep, my beloved,
without worry, without fear,
although my soul does not sleep,
although I do not rest.

Sleep, sleep, and in the night
may your whispers be softer
than a leaf of grass,
or the silken fleece of lambs.

May my flesh slumber in you,
my worry, my trembling.
In you, may my eyes close
and my heart sleep.


I AM NOT ALONE

The night, it is deserted
from the mountains to the sea.
But I, the one who rocks you,
I am not alone!

The sky, it is deserted
for the moon falls to the sea.
But I, the one who holds you,
I am not alone !

The world, it is deserted.
All flesh is sad you see.
But I, the one who hugs you,
I am not alone!


LITTLE FEET

Children’s little feet,
blue with cold how can you be
seen and not protected
dear Lord!!

Little feet bruised
by every stone
abused by the snow,
the mud:

Blind eyes don’t see that
where you pass
You leave a living flower
of light,

that where you set
your bleeding sole
the sweet herb grows
more sweet.

Since you walk
the straight streets,
be heroic, as you are
complete

Children’s little feet,
jewels of suffering,
how can those who pass you
not see!!


GIVE ME YOUR HAND

Give me your hand and give me your love,
give me your hand and dance with me.
A single flower, and nothing more,
a single flower is all we'll be.

Keeping time in the dance together,
you'll be singing the song with me.
Grass in the wind, and nothing more,
grass in the wind is all we'll be.

I'm called Hope and you're called Rose:
but losing our names we'll both go free,
a dance on the hills, and nothing more,
a dance on the hills is all we'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment