Pages

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My soul's desire

A long time ago, once when I was between jobs, I was having a conversation with God (or my Inner Self) and I was telling Him that what I miss most about not having a job is the sense of achievement. And His answer had come, swift, simple and clear, "Your life is not about achievement".

And yet when I look back now, I find that I have achieved much in the worldly sense, I have pushed my boundaries many times, both mental and emotional, and I can say with some pride that I have been successful. It is but an empty victory, merely an ego trip, the satisfaction exists in the mind but not in the soul. I ask myself now, "Is that all I wanted?" "Is it all that is possible?" "Is this why my soul got manifested in human form?" "What is it that, I, the soul, desire?" The answer is 'nothing'. Nothing at all.

Which leads me to the realisation that all my treasures are inner ones. The outer ones, they wax and wane, gather and fade, but my essence is incredibly invaluable, my inner self is unchanging, immortal and is of immense worth. Needless to say, it is divine.

1 comment:

  1. O Yes dear sweet soul! Your essence is truly invaluable and divine. And what is that that does not already belong to the divine?

    ReplyDelete